Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix/Master of Trafficker - My Father Never Loved Me
Hi All

I am new here and this is my first official post on this forum.

Today, I bagged myself some new Waves Plugins as they had a 50% off sale across their range of analog modelled audio plug-ins. Copped myself the Studer J37 Tape, SSL4000 Buss Compressor and the NLS Channel for £70 in total =)

Anyway, I thought id put them to use on the multi-track by Trafficker and do some light mixing as I have just finished my first year at University so I have some time to burn at the moment, and I didn't want to waste it particularly on netflix...

I use Ableton Live suite for all my Mixing/Mastering duties (as people on the inter webs would argue, this isn't the right DAW for this job although, I am here to argue this). Since the new update to Ableton Live 10.1 is now available, I thought I would put some of the new audio effects into play such as Channel EQ which I implemented on all Channels along with a Utility and Gates, and a Compressor (De-esser on the Hammond Organ).

Once all the Tracks had been loaded up into Ableton, I set all the channel faders to -12dB to free up some headroom and so that the Waves Plug-ins which have a VU meter bridge wouldn't be consistently in the red. I then Grouped the Drums into a Drum Bus, Overheads and Room tracks into a Drums Ambience group, Bass and Electric guitars in to groups and so on.

Anyway, I could write an entire report of the process such as side-chaining the Snare drum to trigger a gate on the overheads, but i feel that no many people will read through that so I will just leave my Bounced Mix, and Master Mix here for you to comment any feedback on.

Many Thanks

Waves Plug-ins used:

- NLS Channel (Nevo setting, Neve console)
- SSL 4000 Buss Compressor
- SSL 4000 G channel (Vocal)
- Softube Saturation Knob (after a ableton live reverb long ambience return track)
- Studer J37 Tape (few of these, one on the master bus and a few for adding depth and flutter to electric guitars and high end excitation)
- Schepps 73 (Neve 1073 Channel EQ)
- BSS DPR-402 Stereo Bus Compressor (Parallel Drum Compression)

.mp3    master Mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.78 MB)

Music is the remedy to all of the worlds problems.

Messages In This Thread
Mix/Master of Trafficker - My Father Never Loved Me - by Pulsewidth_Soundsystem - 05-06-2019, 01:39 PM