Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitter: Mix Jerze
(26-05-2019, 10:56 AM)Monk Wrote: There are 58 tracks, so some hard decisions await if you intend getting this lot between two speakers, and even harder decisions than this if you want it to work in mono.

(27-05-2019, 05:57 AM)jerze Wrote: I personally don’t have a problem with 50 tracks I don’t think they were all playing at the same time though, but I do get what you are saying.I just think it depends on the song.

There are 58 tracks, not 50. If you don't have a problem with all that spectral content, then I should be able to hear all instruments that you've included in your vision, clearly with "no masking". I can't. If there's a keyboard in there, I should hear all it's scored notation across the register, same with the acoustic guitar.

The shaker would be better placed opposite the hhat if you need spectral balance in the stereo domain.

However, all instruments must be clearly identifiable in both mono and stereo. If there's any notes masked, it's a weakness in the mixing process.

"If an instrument was muted we'd notice it missing", is another way of saying it's a bad mix.

Yes, you can put some elements lower down in the mix in a nuanced manner, but the listener should still be able to hear their notation clearly without struggle. If they can't, the instrument serves no purpose and will simply clutter and congest the mix while irritating the hell out of an experienced listener.

Regarding the non-linear distortion issues, I'd suggest doing some research. It's a very broad subject and yet one we all need to understand well.

"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.

Messages In This Thread
Bitter: Mix Jerze - by jerze - 25-05-2019, 07:43 PM
RE: Bitter: Mix Jerze - by FytaKyte - 26-05-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Bitter: Mix Jerze - by jerze - 27-05-2019, 05:36 AM
RE: Bitter: Mix Jerze - by Monk - 26-05-2019, 10:56 AM
RE: Bitter: Mix Jerze - by jerze - 27-05-2019, 05:57 AM
RE: Bitter: Mix Jerze - by Monk - 20-06-2019, 11:35 AM