Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels - I'm Alright - Redux 2
I’ve been listening to your mix3 - I hear what you are doing and aiming for with regards to getting each piece of the puzzle to shine, especially the bass. Interestingly I found I got a better 3D sense of the mix on headphones rather than monitors.

The mix is a bit harsh to my ears in the 1k, and 3.5-4k region (ear fatigue?). The guitars especially are a bit too bright I think. I also feel a bit more 200Hz would be beneficial also. I did a quick wide 4-5db cut at around 1k and 3.5k and a little 1-2db boost at 200Hz which I felt helped to hear the mix a bit better. I think the drums could be brought up more in the mix with respect to the guitars and vocal too, which I am thinking is the key to this track, along with a touch more snare and snare reverb/ambience.

Hope my thoughts are of some use. I’m interested to know what you think, maybe am I way off the mark? As you are aware I am trying to learn and find my way.

Needless to say this thread already prompted me to revisit my 2nd attempt at this...
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Angels - I'm Alright - Redux 2 - by Mixinthecloud - 10-05-2019, 12:53 PM
RE: Angels - I'm Alright - Redux 2 - by mikej - 11-05-2019, 08:14 AM
RE: Angels - I'm Alright - Redux 2 - by mikej - 16-05-2019, 01:59 PM