Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte: 'Bitter'
(07-05-2019, 12:46 PM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi Kirk, I don't know how, but I totally missed seeing your mix - apologies... and sorry to hear about your health issues - I hope you are on the mend!

I like the first mix best - it definitely has a more decisive feel about it. I have to agree with Cudjoe though - the drums in particular seem a little lacking in... something - To my ear, they sound a little lo-fi, but that treatment doesn't seem to gel with the rest of the mix. Maybe the rooms are pushed a bit too hard with compression and it tends to make the cymbals sound a little "papery". I think maybe a little more close-mic action might bring the drums more into focus.

The bass sits much better in the first mix than in the second, and there is more cohesiveness to it, but again the distorted portion of the signal seems a little too high in the mix.

The second mix seemed a little "flat" overall - the choruses don't seem to have much impact, and the long-term dynamic contour seems to stay fairly static. I think Dave is spot on when he recommends more comprehensive automation.... yeah, I know it's a pain!

Anyhow... thanks for taking the time to mix the track, and I hope you're feeling a bit better.

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the review and help, ver1 I did push the room too much and I see what your saying, also I pushed the bass and added a bit too much distortion. Ill take ver1 and work on the points that were made.
Great track btw awesome job!!

Thanks
Kirk
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.

Messages In This Thread
FytaKyte: 'Bitter' - by KMuzic - 02-05-2019, 06:00 AM
RE: FytaKyte: 'Bitter' - by KMuzic - 04-05-2019, 02:47 PM
RE: FytaKyte: 'Bitter' - by Cudjoe - 04-05-2019, 07:27 PM
RE: FytaKyte: 'Bitter' - by KMuzic - 04-05-2019, 09:12 PM
RE: FytaKyte: 'Bitter' - by Dangerous - 05-05-2019, 04:37 AM
RE: FytaKyte: 'Bitter' - by KMuzic - 05-05-2019, 04:58 AM
RE: FytaKyte: 'Bitter' - by FytaKyte - 07-05-2019, 12:46 PM
RE: FytaKyte: 'Bitter' - by KMuzic - 07-05-2019, 01:00 PM