Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte: Bitter (Robert's Mix) 13-Apr-2019
Thanks, Cudjoe.

I'll look at that again. I know the *problem* isn't down to a time-alignment issue because that has been fixed. I'm presuming it's more a question of personal preference when it comes to the 'tonality' of the snare drum? I actually prefer a sharper sounding snare on this track as opposed to a 'duller' bottom-end sound. When we repeatedly listen to the same song over and over, it gets 'imprinted' and that sound becomes the 'norm'. When we hear a different mix we'll notice differences to the 'norm', and those differences can often attributed to as being 'wrong' although there's nothing wrong technically. That's the dilemma we all face as mixing engineers, I guess. Of couse, in a paid gig, the client is the boss and if he or she wants more bottom on the snare or more reverb on the vocals (or whatever else), we serve the music so that the song ends up sounding the way the artist envisioned. Having the artist sitting right next to you helps tons because changes to the sound can be made quickly and 'approved' (or not). For the next iteration, I'll certainly add more 'bottom' to the snare and hopefully 'nail it' for the artist. Big Grin
Please consider becoming a patron of Cambridge Music Technology to help Mike keep this Awesome Educational Site Alive! -- https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Messages In This Thread
RE: FytaKyte: Bitter - by Robert - 16-04-2019, 03:13 PM
RE: FytaKyte: Bitter (Robert's Mix) 13-Apr-2019 - by Robert - 18-04-2019, 07:53 AM