Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Alright
Don,

Wow, thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed critique of my mix, really appreciated.

I've downloaded your (excellent) mix - yes I can now hear what you are getting at and that your comments are spot on.

- I'll work on a revision and post it up for further critique when it's done - hopefully in the next day or so.

Yeah - referencing your mix I really do need to get more presence on the vocal and snare. Honestly I have really been struggling to feel that I have the drums and vocal balance right and have wondered if I mix them too low. I think I end up second guessing myself and turn the snare and vocals down a couple of db as the mix comes together.

I'll have a go at sorting out the panning of the acoustic too. It does kind of hang out there on it's own, especially in the intro. My thinking was to use the piano to hold everything togther as I felt it was a really nice part, and balance the guitars in a lcr type manner. I was hoping that the solo would feel ok as I felt for this track I didn't really want to pan it to the middle just for that.

I'm also hearing I might be able to go a couple of db or so more on the final limiter too.

Thanks again for your comments. I'll re-vist the mix and see how I go. Hopefully with your help I can get this mix dialled in.

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
I'm Alright - by mikej - 14-04-2019, 10:45 PM
RE: I'm Alright - by DonPrada - 15-04-2019, 02:38 AM
RE: I'm Alright - by mikej - 15-04-2019, 06:08 PM