Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evening Darling's - Passenger Side - Mix 2
(14-04-2019, 02:14 PM)Deliza Wrote: Mix 2 is better balanced and way more natural, tonally wise, but it seems as if you lost some of the excitement. Vox feels dry (lacking glue to the room) and lacks the commanding presence it has in Mix 1. Not much of an issue in the choruses, but pretty bugging me in the other sections.
The response BGV's are perfect like that, thou second vocal could give her more of a hand in the M8.

Great sounding bass (cannot believing what I'm saying, the playing is pretty bad) in the M8, love the clear articulation of those high notes. Guitars are way better in Mix 2, thou G1 could still have some more bite. Thou that's more of taste thing, I'd like to hear better those little arpeggios in the M8 after "nite after nite" and the riff could cut thru a little more. G2 is pretty spot on as it is.

Thanks for the comments. You are spot on with the automation of the guitar arpeggio during the bridge. I got lazy and did not alter the automation for those particular phrases and you caught it. It bothered me too but I got lazy. I re-amped the bass to bring out detail from a rather poor performance which was very inconsistent in the playing and tempo, much like the drums.

I thought the harsher tonal balance of mix 1 was lead by the lead vocal. There was a resonance in her upper mid-range which was ripping my ears off and it took significant dynamic EQ moves to control it. I'm surprised I got her voice to sound as good as I did considering the amount of straight EQ, dynamic EQ and compression needed to bring it in line.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evening Darling's - Passenger Side - Mix 2 - by Mixinthecloud - 15-04-2019, 12:32 PM