Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prodigal Son "Never Gonna Trust You Again"
(04-04-2019, 03:34 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 03:27 PM)Vibhu Dixit Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 01:14 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Sounds good. You really tamed the ring in the snare. The lead vocal might be too upfront but that's not a bad thing with music like this. Other than that there's nothing really to complain about. It's a good, straight forward mix on a straightforward song. Good job.

Thanks A lot, Roy Matthews.

By the way, I was expecting some solid critique on Bass Guitar from you.Tongue
But then I look at your Signature.Big Grin

Regards,
Vibhu Pranat Dixit.
Yeah, I try to refrain from commenting on bass/low end too much unless something really jumps out at me. The bass feels spot on on this one. Maybe it's relatively loud? I'm not sure but the song can use that bass to anchor it.
I also just noticed the subtle delay on the snare. Sounds cool. It's something that I kept hearing in my head overtime I've worked with this one.

I like the straight forward, clean vocal tone. I'm really surprised at how well the vocal comes out on a lot of these mixes. It sounds really good for an SM7 dynamic mic. Though Dania has a lovely voice which is really the most important element by far.

Cheers

I have mixed and finalized this song in an hour. Really it was a challenge for me, I generally take a break after 30 Min. due to ear and Decision Fatigue. Good to hear that it sounds Okay to You.
Hard Work With Correct Knowledge+Information in the Right Direction is Not The Key To Success , But Success Is The Name Of these Three Elements Unified.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prodigal Son "Never Gonna Trust You Again" - by Vibhu Dixit - 04-04-2019, 03:38 PM