Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hannes Keseberg 'You Know Better' - OctoOnFIre (Patrons Mixing Contest??)
So, firstly, I don't know if my mix applies for the contest, since I was a patron when it was announced, but then I left the Patreon site altogether and deleted my account. I'd love to keep my support through alternative ways, but that's something I've already discussed with Mike.

Whether it applies or not to the contest, I'm here for the feedback, really.

Secondly, I've been waiting around for my UAD interface to get repaired, but it seems it'll take a while, so I decided to mix this with my old trusty Focusrite Scarlett. Not really a huge deal, just some plugins missing and a little change of workflow.

About the mix itself: I went for an improved version of the reference, with more weight, space and depth. I didn't use samples except for adding a little more tail to the timbale, and used the guitar DIs in the best way I could, adding a little wah-wah mojo into the song.

Other than that, I think I only used plugins from Airwindows and T-racks, apart from Clariphonic in the voice and a couple go-to things on the mix bus for character and control.

Here are some screenshots in case anyone's interested:

[Image: Hannes-Keseberg-You-Know-Better-Drums-And-Perc.png]

[Image: Hannes-Keseberg-You-Know-Better-Band.png]

[Image: Hannes-Keseberg-You-Know-Better-voices.png]

Every comment is welcome. Have a great rest of your day.

.mp3    HannesKeseberg_YouKnowBetter_OoFV1.1_MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.4 MB)

ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Messages In This Thread
Hannes Keseberg 'You Know Better' - OctoOnFIre (Patrons Mixing Contest??) - by OctopusOnFire - 07-02-2019, 03:17 PM