Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix by Zbat
Oh yeah the kick is snappy, I see what you mean! I guess I did not realise how much this whole thing influenced me and yeah I think it's awesome to have personality in your mix!

The thing for the kick is that when you have either double kick drums boomboomboomboomboom.... or fast paste boom chack boom boom chack the risk when leaving a bit too much bottom end is that you'll have something super muddy, and if you check recent bands it's really common for them to have triggers on the kick and usually it's to get something with lots of attack and tame or kill the very low end. I was super amazed how my conception of the low end was not right until recently actually, for instance you have the same with EDM etc. if it's meant to be played on massive PAs in a club you won't have a crazy amount of low end or in the club the low end will kill the song (and the speakers) and for metal and punk it's a bit the same. The kick is always very snappy, if you check early forms of metal or the first wave of hardcore (when the songs all started speeding up) the kick is always a tiny bit muddy, even a song like Raining Blood from Slayer if you check the verse (not the massive double kick parts but the boom tac boom boom tac) you'll barely hear the kick drum in the end whereas it you compare this to Blink 182's Don't Leave Me you'll distinctively hear the kick throughout the song, there's a lot of attack in it.

But I see what you mean it sounds definitely more metal than I actually noticed.

And yeah don't get me wrong loops would drive anyone crazy appart from the person mixing ahah, this is more like when she shows up to ask for something and stumbles upon what I'm doing ahah.

That's awesome stuff again thanks, I have a bit of spare time at the moment so I was originally trying to do one mix a day for a week but then did not ahah but I'll keep on a fairly fast pace though I think.

Quentin

Messages In This Thread
Mix by Zbat - by Zbat - 06-02-2019, 05:51 AM
RE: Mix by Zbat - by Zbat - 06-02-2019, 12:32 PM
RE: Mix by Zbat - by Pasta - 08-02-2019, 11:06 AM
RE: Mix by Zbat - by Zbat - 08-02-2019, 01:45 PM
RE: Mix by Zbat - by Pasta - 08-02-2019, 02:18 PM
RE: Mix by Zbat - by Zbat - 09-02-2019, 06:03 AM