Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
'The Last Stand' -- Indemuse mix
(04-01-2019, 02:05 AM)Indemuse Wrote: EDITS AND CORRECTIONS ADDED. Hope this is better...

Thanks to Ikebe Shakedown for the cool song!

After listening to the preview I got a real Montreaux vibe from the song. I did take the liberty of moving the guitar to one side and arranged the horns to the other side (Worked with the stereo room tracks), as I imagined the group jamming on a live stage. The percussion was panned out for what I hope is a nice stereo effect.

I added a parallel room verb to the drums to set them back a little and added light 1176 to the bass just to get it to sit nicely.

On the mix bus I ran everything through a J37 tape and an SSL bus compressor just for a little glue.

As far as EQ goes I didn't really use any. The multi-track kinda helped me out in that area - The arrangement and recordings were awesome! For example - I listened to the guitar tracks as being one dark, one bright. I used their levels to "EQ" the part.

Did a little automation on the guitar bus and horn bus and that's about it. Rendered to a 320k mp3 because I guess the full wave is too big...

.mp3    Ikebe_Shakedown_The_Last_Stand_Indemuse_Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.71 MB)

Messages In This Thread
'The Last Stand' -- Indemuse mix - by Indemuse - 04-01-2019, 02:05 AM
RE: 'The Last Stand' -- Indemuse mix - by Indemuse - 16-01-2019, 01:35 AM