Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better -Post MS Review and Competition Final
Hey Mix!

Super clean mix man. Separation is on point, tonalities are really good, and balance is fantastic overall.

Here are the only points that I have in critique:

The solo guitar coming out of the Chorus is a bit loud as compared to the voice when it comes back in.

Every so often, I hear a frequency in your vox reverb (guessing it's a plate) that is a bit piercing. It's not exaggerated, but it definitely adds a pressure to the vocals that can edge on the verge of harsh for a hard syllable.

Technically, those are what I had issue with.

The only other thing is a question of movement. So, let's go with my issue for the guitar as an example. My first reaction (if I were talking to myself, which happens more frequently than I would like to admit) would be to go to the guitar part, and automate it down. The motion of the song feels a little stagnant, so rather than doing that, I may make the opposite move. I might bring the bass and the drums up where the guitar part comes in, then bring it all back down to fit the verse levels that you had set.

That may be a really wordy way for me to say that I think you have a really technically correct mix, but it could possibly be improved emotionally with a little bit more section dynamics manipulation.

I think you've done a great job on this.

Kudos!

Draper

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better - by LukasL - 26-12-2018, 09:11 PM
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better - by thedon - 30-12-2018, 10:29 AM
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better - by Monk - 04-01-2019, 01:55 PM
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better -Updated - by loweche6 - 14-01-2019, 10:05 PM