Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosnian Rainbows: 'Morning Sickness'
What's up, KirK? For me, v2 is the one right from the start. It just gets me more into the tune. Panning the bass works fine thru the 0:40 parts when they do that funny change, but for the bulk of the verse, it makes things smaller and more like "live tv mix" than "album mix". On the other hand, v2 might have a little too much "ooomp?" and vocal needs some riding and more polish already present in v3. Right side reverb could have a little too presence, too.

I understand that you didn't touch drums from v2 to v3, so they sound different just becaouse of the bass being panned? I like the darker and fatter tone of the drums in v2. Makes them sit better behind the vocal. If you're glad with the bass panning, I guess some EQ could help to match the drum tone from v2 to v3.

If all that sonic onslaught is coming from one guitar with effects on tape, as it seems to be the case, I just have to take off my hat... maaaybe some dynamic EQ triggered from the voice could help with those moments when the feedback delay (0:32 or 1:00, for example) gets really earbleeding.

You should send this to Siouxie, she'd love it!

Messages In This Thread
Bosnian Rainbows: 'Morning Sickness' - by KMuzic - 29-11-2018, 05:29 AM
RE: Bosnian Rainbows: 'Morning Sickness' - by Deliza - 02-12-2018, 05:34 PM