Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosnian Rainbows: 'Morning Sickness'
My Mix

Hard panned Guitar and synth tracks to try to open up the vocal and bass and give the instruments a more defined sound. I originally soft panned and it just sounded too cluttered to me. Automated the drums. I only tuned the vocal slightly and automated, I didn't want to destroy the unique character of her voice. Placed the 3 basses center and Eq'ed and compressed them on one group. Master bus has EQ and Limiter for volume. 11 LUFS.

Comments Always Welcome!!

Cheers
KSmile

Ver. 2
03.mpg

Tried some of Dave's suggestions and experimented, moved the synth keys in toward center and widened them. The Guitar track I panned the mono track slightly Left and ran it to a stereo buss and squashed it, then to a Reverb Aux buss and panned it Right to get some ambience on the Right side. The guitar is tough because all the Fx's are printed and he's using a synth pedal and its a mono track.

Comments Welcome
Cheers
KSmile

One more time!!Tongue
Version 04.mpg
Split the bass tracks and panned L and R re-Q'ed them. did some more work on the guitar and key track to get more width.
Cheers
K

.mp3    Bosnian Rainbow-Morning Sickness.mp3 --  (Download: 8.38 MB)

.mp3    Bosnian Rainbow-Morning Sickness-03.mp3 --  (Download: 8.38 MB)

.mp3    Bosnian Rainbow-Morning Sickness-04.mp3 --  (Download: 8.38 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.

Messages In This Thread
Bosnian Rainbows: 'Morning Sickness' - by KMuzic - 29-11-2018, 05:29 AM