Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore mix
Definitely and improvement - the top end sounds much less brittle now and the vocal sounds better.

Quote:The vocal has been pitch corrected (didn't take much) I did fail to eq afterwards. My sweep did uncover a few spots...but usually I don't sweep as I put too much faith in pitch correction.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but I don't really see the connection between equalising out rogue frequencies and pitch correction. In my experience, pitch correction doesn't help with the actual tonal quality of a vocal, only tuning...

Actually, I'm kind of wondering why you corrected the vocal as the pitching was pretty spot on to my ear - Listening to the tightness of the harmonies, I suspect it may have already had some tuning...

One other thing I noticed was that the snare drum appears to be pulling across to the right channel - I suspect that may be an unbalance in the overheads and/or the room mic. I'm not sure if you intended it to be that way, but I found it a little distracting.

In any case, nice improvement!

All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases

Messages In This Thread
Shore mix - by Mongo - 28-10-2018, 07:59 PM
RE: Shore mix - by FytaKyte - 29-10-2018, 10:56 AM
RE: Shore mix - by Mongo - 29-10-2018, 09:53 PM
RE: Shore mix - by FytaKyte - 30-10-2018, 09:35 AM