Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amber Skye - Howlin' (ONITB mix)
No problem! ONITB. When I am in the mood to listen, I don't mind listening attentively since I know the value of criticism. I learn so much from you guys (those who give a shit to leave a comment anyway). I wasn't born with a compressor in one hand and the EQ on another, you know. And I did not sail here without troubled winds (more like hurricane to me) either, my friend. Struggling is an on-going thing for me. Beside learning from books and Youtube, I find places like this is awesome to learn. Too bad many of us mixers lack a sense of solidarity. Oh, well.

And yeah, the lo mid (responsible for the clarity of one's mix) is the hardest for me to tame. They are fucking everywhere! (pardon my French). They are in the kick, the snare, the piano, the strings, the pads. They are even in places where I never thought they'd be: the hi hat, the tambourines. They are everywhere! They are ugly, hairy, and...scary! At one time, not too long ago, I was so ready to throw in the towel, yeah, the bloody one, and call it quit. Oh pray to the good Lord, the pain was just horrifying. But the love of mixing overcomes the agony, in addition to a little hit on the bong to gather my courage, of course, it always helps Smile. And I take it like a man Wink To this day I still find myself dragging my dull katana (that means cheap plugins) facing a sea of monstrous looking...125Hz-650Hz in every mix I get my paws on. But I am still learning. "Listen carefully and thou shall hear" is my 11th commandment and the 12th one probably be "practice makes perfect" Smile. Have fun mixing!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amber Skye - Howlin' (ONITB mix) - by SonicTramp - 14-11-2018, 10:02 AM