Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ETC - Drum & Bass dynamic question
Cymbals: I would make an intermediate version between 1 and 2. In addition, the accents (Ride and Crash) can be enhanced with the mix automation.
It is worth listening to the final version on many players (boombox, smartphone, car player etc). What is good on studio monitors on ordinary speakers can fade.
The bass is still too loud (IMO).
I recommend mixing with pink noise. There are many guides on YouTube. In case of problems, I help. At the beginning it helped me a lot. After 5-10 mixes with pink noise, I adjust the levels of individual instruments without any problem. Of course, at the end I always check if I did it right.
You can expand your stereo image not just by panorama. Too wide panorama is unnatural and most often poor listening (of course there are exceptions to the rule).
Check if you have in your DAW Stereo Enhancer. Play with him (but as always you can not overdo it - less is always better than too much Smile.
At the end you have to play with mastering. The levels in your mix can be increased by up to 9 dB. Of course, using the right tools Smile.
At the beginning I used ready presets (eg in Ozone). Then I compared the settings of individual effects in presets and how they affect the end result. Over time, I stopped using presets.

Good luck.

Messages In This Thread
ETC - Drum & Bass dynamic question - by wolke - 19-10-2018, 01:16 AM
RE: ETC - Drum & Bass dynamic question - by wolke - 20-10-2018, 11:18 PM
RE: ETC - Drum & Bass dynamic question - by Andrzej Pyrowicz - 21-10-2018, 08:31 PM
RE: ETC - Drum & Bass dynamic question - by wolke - 22-10-2018, 06:26 PM