Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ETC - Drum & Bass dynamic question
Hello,
I'm still a beginner in mixing and have found this great site where people can discuss and compare mixes from this ingenious and free multitrack library.

I love punk and garage music. That's why I'm trying to mix (The Complainiacs 'Etc').
After the download of the tracks I realized that they are very rough recorded. The overheads are ultimately mono even if they have 2 channels.
However, most of the problems I had in trying to make the mix transparent, spatial and soft dynamic.

On the drums I routed two buses with differently adjusted compressors. the same with the two quite rough bass tracks. On the kick and snare, I raised the transients slightly to make them more understandable without spending too much energy. Nevertheless, the drum track is still bumpy. Does anyone know good tricks to make the drums softer and more transparent without destroying the rough punk caracter. I can not use track presets like for example "pro logic" offers. My DAW is Harrisson MIXBUS 4 under Linux. I only have simple plugins available. My available plugins, tracks and busses comes without example or special presets for respective tracks.

So, I am very happy about every tip and / or trick.
lg
wolke
[Image: 98v33lykenLiW2w9T3pWb_DY_jveq_xcg3l9iPTI...90-h591-no]

Thumbnail(s)

.mp3    ETC_r1_session.mp3 --  (Download: 3.18 MB)

Messages In This Thread
ETC - Drum & Bass dynamic question - by wolke - 19-10-2018, 01:16 AM
RE: ETC - Drum & Bass dynamic question - by wolke - 20-10-2018, 11:18 PM
RE: ETC - Drum & Bass dynamic question - by wolke - 22-10-2018, 06:26 PM