Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The KMN Mix
Wel first of all Marc I would like to thank you for your response.

This morning I just played back the mix outside of the DAW to enjoy the fruits of my laborAngel. Pressed play and Sad the bass was way to loud, making all other instruments sound distant and weird. I was hoping the mix would support the sadness but got lost somewhere. I believe I also monitored this way to loud while mixing.... everything is just gone and Fletcher-Munson took over on the lead vocal too.....

The Acoustic guitars, I wasn't quite sure what I wanted anymore. Because I thought that if I would "tame" the transients so the guitar would "swell" and roll of some high end I would be fighting the piano which has such a warm and half-distant sound (although I have to say that it might be to warm now).

I will not even discuss the drums, They are gone....

Only thing I would like to note in my defense: I wanted to see what it would be like to have a certain amount of time to mix a song.
Everything was going pretty fast.. Until I reached the reverb for the electric guitar, So to make that work worthwile I decided to automate it the way it is near the end of the song( where it has its mini-solo)

Marc, You say you like how the song falls apart in the end. I am not quite sure what you are referring to, If you could explain it to me I would be very happy. And last but not least all those questions and suggestions are welcome

PS. Not a native so if something doesn't make sense please tell me

Messages In This Thread
The KMN Mix - by KMNX8RS - 18-08-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: The KMN Mix - by ThePhonk - 20-08-2012, 01:49 AM
RE: The KMN Mix - by KMNX8RS - 21-08-2012, 10:07 AM
RE: The KMN Mix - by ThePhonk - 21-08-2012, 08:26 PM
RE: The KMN Mix - by KMNX8RS - 23-08-2012, 03:25 PM
RE: The KMN Mix - by Mike Senior - 23-08-2012, 10:08 PM
RE: The KMN Mix - by KMNX8RS - 27-08-2012, 11:19 AM
RE: The KMN Mix - by KMNX8RS - 27-08-2012, 06:00 PM