Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Crazy Mix. I gave it my best shot! Plz listen and share your thoughts. Thanks
Well, it's least crazy than the mix you posted previously! Big Grin

I like the instruments, not so much the voice. It stands out a little mid-rangey, small, and kinda disjointed from the rest of the band. The snare sounds a liiiitle bit boxy around 200-300Hz maybe?The snare in this tracks looks to me like it benefits from the resonance it has around 600-800 Hz and somewhere around 1-2 KHz, to make it more open, in the style of 90's pop rock.

A little note on the relationship between guitars and drums, it feels to me like they could be balanced a little better tonally. To my ears, the drums dominate the mid-lower mid frequencies while the guitars occupy the mid-high mids. Maybe they could give a little space to each other. Also, cutting the acoustic guitar peaks in the mids could leave some space for everything else as well to poke out, and you could give some low mids to that acoustic guitar.

A deceptively hard song to mix, great job though!
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Latest Crazy Mix. I gave it my best shot! Plz listen and share your thoughts. Thanks - by OctopusOnFire - 29-10-2018, 12:50 PM