Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Somebody: 'Crazy For Me' mixed in Presonus Studio One
Thanks for listening Jameswoo. I will take another listen and see what I can do to correct the problems you mentioned.

Yes, I did the same. I usually work on the OH first to provide a foundation for the rhythm section, then I go on to the kick, then the snare, and toms. After that I would mute everything and bring the bass in and try to balance the bass and the kick by themselves (cut and boost like a mad man). After I get them going to the way I like it, I'd put the drums section back in and work on the main instruments introduce them one at a time. After that it's just a matter of cleaning up the mud and separate the instruments the best I can. I do monitor (using headphones AKG K712) very low volume as I cannot have any monitor where I live (too much noise).

Anyway, thanks for the listen. It's always good to have a second opinion. From now on, if you mix any song just let me know. I'll take a listen and will tell you what I think. Thanks. Danny.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Somebody: 'Crazy For Me' mixed in Presonus Studio One - by SonicTramp - 11-10-2018, 08:35 PM