Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For I am the Moon - Sunshine Garcia Band
This is my take on the song, For I am the Moon. I will say this is probably one of the most challenging songs I've had to mix, just the sheer number of vocal tracks was pretty daunting at first. Also, I found it incredibly hard to combine some of the parts. When I started auditioning the parts they didn't quite line up to my satisfaction, so I took quite a bit of liberty in the editing and arrangement. I had initially started to combine the four lead parts(2 alto and 2 soprano), but quickly found each was pretty much their own solo performance. Sometimes subtle words were changed from performance to performance and the phrasing varied quite a bit from each performance as well, making it near impossible, without some serious editing and time realigning to make things work. I ended up scrapping the alto part because it was just too different from the soprano to make it work. Not that it didn't sound good, all the vocals sounded amazing, I just chose to build the song around the soprano as the lead. I also omitted the beatbox vocals and the bass synth tracks, they just seemed strange to me and seemed to muddy up things I thought were more important and I wanted to give it some space and room to breathe.

Anyways, let me know what you think. Thanks!

.mp3    For I am the Moon(4).mp3 --  (Download: 11.42 MB)

Messages In This Thread
For I am the Moon - Sunshine Garcia Band - by Daniel Y - 05-09-2013, 12:44 PM