Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
#14 Gökyüzü - Sirenum scopuli Mix
(19-08-2018, 12:23 PM)Monk Wrote:
(13-08-2018, 09:40 AM)Deliza Wrote: I thought of ignoring that weird ADT stereo effect on main guitar, it sounds well as a single mono source

You mentioned bright, but I think it sounds brittle and won't respond well to elevated listening levels as our perception of pitch changes. This would make it feel harsh pretty quickly I suspect. Perhaps more importantly, this kind of ambiance doesn't fit the concept/vocal, as it suggests to me a hard, imposing space which clashes head on with her voice, quickly eroding emotion. The treble here makes it too edgy.

Great to hear the retention of musical dynamics rather than pursuing loudness and it's distorted artifacts. I respect that immensely, as it feeds into audio quality.

Indeed, "brittle" is the word I would have rather used, had I known it before! I tried to mimic the warm and round EQ that OlliH got in his mix (btw, that's the preview mix), but gave up after a while and chose to move forward despite not being very happy about it. As I said, I was aware that treating the guitar as a mono source would have been better, but chickened out for some reason.

One thing I didn't think of that you mention is transient control, that probably could have made it!

And, though I'm flattered beyond mesure, the sad truth is I would same crazy loudness as everyone were I able to do it without completely obliterating the sound! Thanks for the help, lot of things to think about!

Messages In This Thread
#14 Gökyüzü - Sirenum scopuli Mix - by Deliza - 13-08-2018, 09:40 AM
RE: Gökyüzü - Sirenum scopuli Mix - by Monk - 19-08-2018, 12:23 PM
RE: Gökyüzü - Sirenum scopuli Mix - by Deliza - 20-08-2018, 09:58 AM