Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James May: 'Hold On You' FINAL MIX aboard
(22-07-2018, 10:28 AM)Deliza Wrote: Solid enough, this is the "no more kids gloves, Memphis Grizzlies' grit and grind" mix, I'd say! There's a couple moments of Californicationism (just after the middle 8 solo) where the low end may get just too gritty (more so since your global tone reminds me of 80's indie which doesn't get along well with today's in-your-face punch), but it's miles ahead of the SpeedyGonzales mixes, and impressively wide sounding.

"Snakey" was a blind shot based on "snake" ("serpenteante", for the Spanish students), just me trying to invent a word to combine "twisty" and "swampy". Whatever, I meant that sound you got, exactly. Good job putting some toughness on this song!

PS - I'm thinking that the Reaper mixes artifacts might come from a slight playrate change (assuming you have it set up to preserve pitch). I happened to me working with a theme that didn't show the playrate value unless you click on it and besides, me and many people hide the transport bar most of the time, so that's a possibility.

Hi Deliza
I agree with the low end, funny, I had the bass and kick right where I wanted them and last minute decision I compressed both a hair more trying to get more punch and went too far. Ill check the playrate on reaper again
Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.

Messages In This Thread
RE: James May: 'Hold On You' - by Deliza - 18-07-2018, 11:08 AM
RE: James May: 'Hold On You' - by KMuzic - 18-07-2018, 01:36 PM
RE: James May: 'Hold On You' - by Deliza - 20-07-2018, 09:25 AM
RE: James May: 'Hold On You' FINAL MIX aboard - by KMuzic - 23-07-2018, 06:59 PM