Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The English Actor - AZmix
Okay, here's my take on this one.

My single biggest problem was the chorus vocals. I don't know how Mike fixed them but unless he got access to the raw tracks, he apparently has more Melodyne skill than I do. I fixed what I could and tried to hide the rest in reverb and delays but it didn't really work all that well. As usual, the chorus is cut-n-paste so the same errors exist in every copy and that makes it difficult to patch. It's been said before by others but I'll add my own voice: you'll get much better results (and my job will be that much easier) if you actually perform every instance of whatever instrument you're thinking of doing a paste job on. It also makes the tune feel less mechanical when there are natural performance variances present one time to the next.

Like Mike, I replaced the snare drum and ditched the "snare down" entirely. I thought the kick was okay but had to take out a lot of the high end. Once it got run through the reverb processor, it sounded okay but it got a lot better when I added a bit of a delay to it. (You can hear this clearly during the outro.)

Anyway, opinions are welcome.

.mp3    the-english-actor-mix-ltd.mp3 --  (Download: 7.72 MB)

Old West Audio

Messages In This Thread
The English Actor - AZmix - by azwayne - 11-07-2018, 02:11 PM
RE: The English Actor - AZmix - by KMuzic - 23-07-2018, 09:40 PM
RE: The English Actor - AZmix - by azwayne - 05-08-2018, 10:33 PM