Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
El Vuela - AZ Mix
Okay, after about 15 hours, I'm going to call this one done because I can tell that I'm out of m depth here. The way they were recorded/assembled, none of tracks want to blend together and yet at the same time, they're stepping all over each other. There's not enough low end on the guitars and even the bass is iffy, Lowender notwithstanding. (I couldn't get consistent behavior with it because of the source material.)

Anyway, here's my best attempt at this. On the rhythm guitars, I tried to even things out by putting an amp plugin on the three individual tracks with a different simulator on each one and tried to even things out that way but they still felt a bit hollow but also very trebly. I put a deesser on them both to try to knock down about 2kHz and up and that helped but didn't settle it out. On the solo/fill guitars, I tried to up the body and knock down some of the 2.5kHz stuff so they wouldn't poke out as much.

So here's my mix of this. Any thoughts from the peanut gallery on how they have handled some of these problems would be welcome.

.mp3    vuelo-mix-20180615-01.mp3 --  (Download: 8.93 MB)

Old West Audio

Messages In This Thread
El Vuela - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 16-06-2018, 05:00 AM
RE: El Vuela - AZ Mix - by Shul - 16-06-2018, 07:52 AM
RE: El Vuela - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 17-06-2018, 04:57 AM