Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trafficker: 'My Father Never Loved Me' kapu mix
(30-05-2018, 04:14 PM)kapu Wrote: Tried

mix2
I fell out of my chair laughing. The reverse vox caught me well off guard!

Not a lover of kicks that are out of context with the rest of the song, but if it excites you and it's what you were looking for, then I think you can safely tick that box as a job well done. The perception I have of the kit is that it's been stretched forwards, with the hihat and cymbals somewhere at the back of the room, and the kick about an inch from my nose. The kit needs to come forwards though, I can agree on that, and I can also agree the room appearing too prominently in the overheads limits the scope. A compromise would make me happy.

Thought the vocal would benefit from a more forward delivery. And preferably in front of the kick for me. Wink

I also found the huge distortion artifacts from the kapu crush, pretty darn fatiguing. Though reading around since participating, some might say fatigue is a taste thing! Undecided How on earth can you stand mixing it this way?
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trafficker: 'My Father Never Loved Me' kapu mix - by Monk - 08-06-2018, 09:21 AM