Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lingua Funqa - Just One Minute (final and mix versions)
(25-05-2018, 11:27 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: There may have been some processing added to the tracks by the producer...

Only some?

I ended up taking out most of my compressors on the v3 mix because of the harsh artifacts they were exacerbating.

Quote:Note: I'm never happy dropping these 24-bit mixes to MP3 for posting here, I try to post links to the master file when I can. Lossless AAC is the only lossy codec I can accept but in the past some users here are not able to play back attached AAC files.

320kbps mp3 is fine for purposes here, so long as there's sufficient pre-process headroom, which is rare. Check your original master. The mix was hot too for a pre master, at 1.8 true peak. Actually, I thought statistically, that your mix would make a better dynamic master than the master itself.

0.0dBFS is a loudness war setting, and will distort and bring unpleasant artifacts, even more so if this is presented at such a level to a lossy codec.

Listening to your 24bit, from my perspective the zone beyond 1kHz needs work, but it's a tempestuous thing to get under control especially if you don't want your ears screwed up for the rest of the day trying to get it somewhere handy Tongue
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lingua Funqa - Just One Minute (final and mix versions) - by Monk - 26-05-2018, 11:55 AM