Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triviul - Alright [OoF]
Came back to mixing with this song after a couple weeks off. I had a problem with my left ear, and it was way more frustrating than I expected. Undecided

I think in the end I could pull out a decent mix, considering the odds. The voice tracks were very well recorded, and the rest of the elements worked together pretty good.

I spent quite a long time with this session, adjusting back from the illness, so I had time to mess with it a little and even do some modulating in the 3rd verse. Other than that, I added character to the virtual instruments with different kinds of saturation, compression, etc. and played around with phase to place them.

The voices worked well together in a nice arrangement, I mainly used waves C6 and tape saturation to bring down the harshness. Other than that, The usual EQ-compression-saturation chain.

The mix itself is quite compressed. I think it worked well that way. There's 2 compressors on parallel feeding the mix bus. There, you have an API-2500 just catching the peaks and some crazy stuff like Slate FG-Bomber, just for the kicks.
So it's compressed and punchy, and as wide as possible using the voice arrangement and the synths. There's also all kinds of vibe and noisy analog-ish stuff (to the point I had to denoise a couple tracks) Big Grin

All comments are welcome, cheers!

.mp3    Triviul_Alright_OoF.mp3 --  (Download: 8.4 MB)

ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Messages In This Thread
Triviul - Alright [OoF] - by OctopusOnFire - 22-04-2018, 07:01 PM
RE: Triviul - Alright [OoF] - by Bombe - 25-09-2018, 09:36 AM
RE: Triviul - Alright [OoF] - by Deliza - 17-11-2018, 03:02 PM
RE: Triviul - Alright [OoF] - by OctopusOnFire - 18-11-2018, 05:42 PM
RE: Triviul - Alright [OoF] - by Dangerous - 19-11-2018, 12:56 PM
RE: Triviul - Alright [OoF] - by OctopusOnFire - 19-11-2018, 05:10 PM
RE: Triviul - Alright [OoF] - by Fenekucci - 21-11-2018, 01:45 PM
RE: Triviul - Alright [OoF] - by cuttycuttinup87 - 13-03-2019, 05:25 AM