Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Araujo "The Saga Of Harrison Crabfeathers"
After listening to the preview of this tune, I thought, "It reminds me of Jeff Beck, 'Cause We've Ended As Lovers'." That's what was used for a reference track. The major difference between the two songs is the grand piano versus the electric piano in the reference track, and the length. The reference track is almost twice as long.

I got to work and set the drum bus, got the levels and balance for the bass, guitar, piano and intro synth & gong. It wasn't very wide, sadly, so I added a touch of reverb around various tracks. It still was fairly narrow. I added the Stereo Control plug-in on the piano to spread it out (hats off to theDon). I made the drum bus mid-side with the NI passive EQ. Getting better width now. Having just finished 'Mixing Secrets', I considered what I could do. The bass guitar has a prominent role, so I created a copy of the track, made it stereo and added a stereo chorus plug-in. I created a bass buss and balanced it again. That did the trick. Let me know what you think.

.mp3    Araujo_TheSagaOfHarrisonCrabfeathers_Mix2_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.81 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.

Messages In This Thread
Araujo "The Saga Of Harrison Crabfeathers" - by davemcg61 - 06-04-2018, 05:37 PM