Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CEF Mallorca GSII 'Viviendo Del Reves' MikeGoPro Mix
What's up guys, I hope all is well with everyone. Here's a WIP of this cool song. I was going for mix that is smooth(less harsh) yet still exciting with a solid low end. I think I spent about 1.5 hours on it. I tried the top down approach again, trying to mix into the busses, and then tweak inserts as needed. I still haven't automated or side chained anything yet, but I figured what the heck, and decided to submit it as is. Cool

Happy Easter!Big Grin

Quick update: After listening to it again I decided to apply some side chains to clear up the mix a little bit.

Cheers for Bunny Ears! Tongue

Update: 4/3/18
Cleaned up some masking and muddiness with some equalization adjustments, and smoothed out some high end harshness.

Update 4/17/2018

Added another version: mix#2

Basically I scooped out some of the frequencies above 100 and below 3-400 of instruments and vocals as needed.

Also eased off of the master limiter.

Cheers!

Update 4/25/2018:

Minor tweaks to make the vocals more clear and bring the drums forward a bit.

Update 5/1/2018

Adjusted EQ settings on the Master and Bus Groups.

Update 5/17/18

I decided to revisit this one again because I wasn't happy with the mix and I wanted to try a different approach, that i might apply to other mixes.

Cheers!

.mp3    CEFMallorcaGSSII_ViviendoDelReves_MikeGoPro Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.06 MB)

.mp3    CEFMallorcaGSSII_ViviendoDelReves_MikeGoPro Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.06 MB)

Messages In This Thread
CEF Mallorca GSII 'Viviendo Del Reves' MikeGoPro Mix - by MikeGoPro - 01-04-2018, 07:06 PM