Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Interpretation of "Eliza Jane"
(16-08-2018, 06:13 PM)davemcg61 Wrote:
(12-08-2018, 07:06 PM)M.W.A.P. Wrote: Kick, snare and bass are a little weak. Otherwise nice arrangement and mix.
Thanks for taking the time to comment, M.W.A.P.

In the last few months I've reworked this song several times, tweaking EQs, balance and restored the drum tracks as they were recorded. Most noticeably, I've reset the compression on the kick and snare. They had been getting only about 1dB of gain reduction on the loudest hits; now they're getting a little needle movement most of the time and upwards toward 3dB of gain reduction on the loudest hits. I hadn't used any drum buss compression on mix 3, only a little envelope enhancement. Now there's a little bit of drum bus compression, 2dB GR, and the same envelope enhancement. I believe this is an improvement. Other thoughts and comments are appreciated.

The drum tracks are a challenge that I think you have mastered well. Kick, snare and bass are now evenly present. Good job! The double voice is a bit to the left of the panorama, which gets the mix a bit out of balance. I'd either put the voice in the center or turn it down a little.

Messages In This Thread
My Interpretation of "Eliza Jane" - by davemcg61 - 27-03-2018, 05:05 PM
RE: My Interpretation of "Eliza Jane" - by M.W.A.P. - 16-08-2018, 08:59 PM