Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil's Words - MikeMike Mix
Hi Mike,

Right off the bat I'd tell you to save money and get those monitors. The low end is overwhelming the mix, especially the bass, leaving the kick to a weak 'click' that's even more hi-freq than the snare, that sounds quite muffled in the mids. Lukas already mentioned the 'ooooh' problem, push them back (in volume and by carving some frequencies) and to the sides, even if just a little bit (I'd go all the way L/R). The rest of the elements are in place and sound pretty good to me, even the voice that, however, sounds a little thin when nothing else is playing.

You're definitely on the right track, just get those monitors so you're able to address the lower end.

In any case, while you can't get the monitors, I would rather have a mix very conservative in the low end, even hi-passing everything under 40Hz, than going through a mix while you battle problems you can't even hear, like the way the excessive low end is acting on any bus processing.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Messages In This Thread
Devil's Words - MikeMike Mix - by MikeMike - 14-02-2018, 09:36 PM
RE: Devil's Words - MikeMike Mix - by LukasL - 14-02-2018, 10:27 PM
RE: Devil's Words - MikeMike Mix - by MikeMike - 14-02-2018, 10:38 PM
RE: Devil's Words - MikeMike Mix - by OctopusOnFire - 15-02-2018, 10:43 PM