Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Perpetual Escape - Stop And Rise [OctopusOnFire]
Hi guys,

So I've kinda run of ideas with this mix. I feel I may have placed myself into an alley or maybe I'm not seeing something, but I'm not really feeling it. I mean, I like the song, I'm happy with the mix, but there's something that kinda bugs me and I can't put my finger on it, so I'm asking for feedback here instead of entangling myself into more trouble.

As usual, I went for a loud, punchy, commercial-like mix. I chose to give it a cleaner tone to the verse guitars to make it feel more "cowboy" (I go by these kind of terms, maybe they have meaning only for me Undecided )

I've had trouble with the voices here, trying to make then complement each other and still keep the character... I'm finding trouble giving them depth and dimension though, and keep them consistent throughout the mix.

So, whatever your ear catches, I'd love to hear about it.

Cheers,

Simon.

.mp3    PerpetualEscape_StopAndRise_OoF.V2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.64 MB)

ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Messages In This Thread
Perpetual Escape - Stop And Rise [OctopusOnFire] - by OctopusOnFire - 12-02-2018, 06:28 PM