Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lead Inc's 'Inner Circle'
The drums on your mix sound like they have some good quality sound, although if you're using a noise gate especially on the snare, you might want to increase the release time, probably 350-450 ms is good, because I personally think it should sustain a little bit longer. You've got plenty of bottom end on the kick, but I would add a boost in the 3-4kHz to get more of a punchy sound (I know they included triggers in the tracks, but I personally did not find them necessary to use if I just added a boost in these frequencies.) It also sounds like the vocals are missing a lot of high frequencies, so bringing those back up might help it to cut through the mix a little better. Not sure if you're using a de-esser, but if you are it sounds like you might want to dial back the gain reduction so we can hear the "s" and other such sounds, but they are still down enough so they aren't too much. The guitars seem like they need more 3kHz to brighten up the tone, plus high-pass around 80 Hz so it doesn't get in the way of the bass. Overall, the drums, bass, and most of the guitar parts sound good, but you will get better if you just keep learning more. Nice job!

Messages In This Thread
Lead Inc's 'Inner Circle' - by davemcg61 - 11-02-2018, 09:09 PM
RE: Lead Inc's 'Inner Circle' - by davemcg61 - 19-08-2018, 02:49 PM
RE: Lead Inc's 'Inner Circle' - by jamesw1 - 20-06-2019, 05:23 PM
RE: Lead Inc's 'Inner Circle' - by davemcg61 - 24-06-2019, 04:42 AM