Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Meets West: Direct Experience of thousands of guitars...
Hey, looks like I'm the first one here, or maybe no-one's interested in this piece? Just in case someone ventures in here, here's my first mix. It's actually been quite enjoyable, despite the multiple tracks of guitars, most of the sounds are pretty good, and it's been fun following little melodic elements all throughout this piece. A successful mix here relies on attention to detail - hearing the melody, and balancing all the different guitar elements. I'm aware that there's probably more detail I could give to the mix, but my brief was to be quick, time-efficient, and use the minimal amount of plugins that I could. I tend to spend hours fine-tuning single tracks, so I'm just trying to speed up my workflow, make quicker decisions without agonising over them. It's interesting that your initial response to the sound is usually the most accurate, and the only thing that listening to a track over and over does is dull yourself to the issues. Hence trying to work a bit faster, and go with the initial hearing. Does something need changing? Change it NOW!!! Then move on... Again, if someone ever does venture to this discussion zone, thanks in advance for the listen, and feel free to make some comments. Cheers Smile

.mp3    Direct Experience-Mix 03.mp3 --  (Download: 12.98 MB)

Messages In This Thread
West Meets West: Direct Experience of thousands of guitars... - by Audiomuze - 05-02-2018, 04:58 AM