Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thelvnguage 'Kings And Queens' MikeGoPro Quick Mix
Here's a quick mix for you guys. This song is kind of catchy, with the tempo changes and all.

I know it needs some TLC, and some general fine tuning, but I think it has some potential.

I didn't tune or align anything, I just went for the basics, no editing except for automation of course.

What do you think?

Cheers!

Okay I just added a 10-15 minute revision addressing some but not all the issues, the Lead Vox is more subdued, but still a little sibilant, the bass guitar is also massaged a bit, the guitars seem a little strident but they have distortion embedded on the top end, so not much to do there without making them dull, but I'm tired now so I listen with fresh ears tomorrow.

thanks for listening.

Here's the 3rd revision.

And here's the 4th revision, I addressed the collision the mix was having with the limiter Big Grin, and really tried to obey the VU meter because it seems to tell the truth most of the times, especially when my ears are fatigued.

Later!

Based on some observations from both kapu, and thedon, I uploaded updates to the 1st version, and an update to the 4th revision.

Okay I've decided to go experimental, I cleaned up the session because it had some phase issues with my routing, Then I organized my signal flow to mimic an analog pipeline, and also swapped out the Tape emulation algorithm. The delays on the Lead Vox still need to be fine tuned, and the overall project needs to be massaged, but hey that's what experiments are for right? Big Grin

.mp3    thelvnguage_KingsAndQueens MikeGoPro Quick Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.18 MB)

.mp3    thelvnguage_KingsAndQueens MikeGoPro Quick Revision.mp3 --  (Download: 9.18 MB)

.mp3    thelvnguage_KingsAndQueens MikeGoPro Revision#3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.18 MB)

.mp3    thelvnguage_KingsAndQueens Revision #4.mp3 --  (Download: 9.18 MB)

.mp3    thelvnguage_KingsAndQueens MikeGoPro Revision #4 update.mp3 --  (Download: 9.18 MB)

.mp3    thelvnguage_KingsAndQueens MikeGoPro Version 1 Update.mp3 --  (Download: 9.18 MB)

.mp3    thelvnguage_KingsAndQueens MikeGoPro Version 1 Experiment.mp3 --  (Download: 9.18 MB)

Messages In This Thread
thelvnguage 'Kings And Queens' MikeGoPro Quick Mix - by MikeGoPro - 13-01-2018, 02:56 AM