Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storm Of Particles 'Of Ice And Hopeless Fate' MikeGoPro Rough Mix 3
(31-01-2018, 01:21 AM)KMuzic Wrote:
(30-01-2018, 07:40 PM)MikeGoPro Wrote: Edit: oops, uploaded the wrong file, the right one is being uploaded, the last one had the wrong plugs activated. Testing different plugs, you know how it goes.

Hey guys I just added a more polished revision. At least I think it's more polished, could be just as rough as the first to be honest, since I didn't use any references.

But I decided to get it out there and get some responses.

Did any of you use drum samples for the drums? They were full of bleed. And what about the guitars did you reamp them or use the amped version?

Later!

Hey Mike

Listened to both mix's on my monitors. The new version was much cleaner, on the laid back parts it sounds really nice, very clean, on the louder heavy sections, it seems like the bass frequencies start muddying up the low and low midrange, I think the bass is fighting with the lower guitar frequencies. Maybe just cutting the low end of the bass or guitars will clean it up.. This sounds like a tough project from what you were saying...I think I'm gonna pass on this one for a while..Confused

Keep up the good Mad Scientist work

Later

KBig Grin

Hey KMuzic,

Yeah this one made me try some things, but ultimately I'm not satisfied with my mix, I probably should check the phase of some of those channels, because even though it's not a lot of tracks it just never gelled for me. I think your right about the bass fighting with the guitars. Maybe at a later time I'll try some automation or sidechaining, but for now I'm going to let it be. But when I do revisit it, I'm going to try drum replacements, and reamping the DIs from the guitars.

Later!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Storm Of Particles 'Of Ice And Hopeless Fate' MikeGoPro Rough Mix 3 - by MikeGoPro - 31-01-2018, 03:10 AM