Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storm Of Particles 'Of Ice And Hopeless Fate' MikeGoPro Rough Mix 3
Here's a rough mix of this song.

Its an intense song, I tried to give the different sections the right amount of power.

I'll go over it again but first I have to let my ears rest, and listen to a few references, since I haven't tried mixing for this genre, so its a good challenge for me.

Cheers!

Update 1/30/18

Here's an experimental revision, the last one I pushed pretty hard, so I backed off of the bus levels going into the master. Used VU meters on the busses to keep an eye on their levels, so I didn't just turn things up more and more, instead I tried to get a decent balance.

Using channel strips on the inserts, and some clippers on some kick and snare.

I didn't use any references so its just an attempt to get a sound that's listenable without being harsh or muddy.

The drums were trouble I think I should have chopped them up, or used drum replacement samples, but I did chop the bleed from the toms, but I could pay more attention to them.

Cheers!

I just added another version, its probably over the top, but I wanted to try to give the Vox more clarity, while keeping the punch in the drums, and the edginess of the guitars.

Later!

.mp3    StormOfParticles_OfIceAndHopelessFate MikeGoPro Rough Mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.22 MB)

.mp3    StormOfParticles_OfIceAndHopelessFate MikeGoPro Experimental Revision.mp3 --  (Download: 9.22 MB)

.mp3    StormOfParticles_OfIceAndHopelessFate MikeGoPro Over The Top Version.mp3 --  (Download: 9.22 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Storm Of Particles 'Of Ice And Hopeless Fate' MikeGoPro Rough Mix 3 - by MikeGoPro - 12-01-2018, 07:01 PM