Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BolzAndKnecht Summertime mixed by Sergei.Katkovskii
I'm here to learn also, so I'll pose a question for discussion; how would you set the gate so the sax sound wouldn't be impacted? The attack could easily go in the 10ms - 20ms range, but how to set the time the gate would be open, and then how to set the release are questions I'll be sitting down with later. My gate will also set a frequency range. If I recall this correctly, a tenor sax range is 120Hz up to about 1kHz, but audible harmonic frequencies easily up to 12kHz. The hiss of the breaths are likely up there, 12k - 15k. My solution was EQ to make those breaths less noticeable. I've got three gates I could test with and will supply some answers for each plug-in over time.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BolzAndKnecht Summertime mixed by Sergei.Katkovskii - by davemcg61 - 27-04-2018, 03:36 AM