Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown 'Flames' MikeGoPro Mix
(20-01-2018, 01:33 PM)niektb Wrote: I think you also did too much gating/expanding on the drum reverb or something (the tails of, most noticeably, the snare do not decay in a natural way but stop too sudden)

Hey Niektb,
You're on target, I had a case of too much of this, and too much of that, and not enough thought in-between. For example like not requiring any plugin/hardware to do too much work, and like having the processes in order. As well as making sure the routings of inserts, auxes, and buses are in agreement. In general just paying attention to the details. Mixing is almost like coding in some regards, and there are usually errors/glitches/bugs etc. But amazingly I'm getting a lot of satisfaction from gain staging first on the inserts and then the busses before it gets to the master. All projects that I do that on first, are done faster and sound better. So this one I will revisit with a much better effort. Angel

Later!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Black Crown 'Flames' MikeGoPro Mix - by MikeGoPro - 20-01-2018, 02:11 PM