Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATE: Problem fixed, new second try
Semi-newbie problem here.

This upload doesn't sound as I finished it in Reaper. I froze all my tracks, then rendered the project as an MP3 and that process added reverb in addition to changing the sound slightly, for the worse.
I have plugins on the Master Track and it's almost like I'm getting those effects twice (reverb, saturation, EQ, HP and LP filters).

I've read the User's Guide and looked at a lot of videos trying to find out what I'm doing wrong, with no luck. Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated.

On the upside, I like this band and I'd go see them live if they ever came close.
The sonic quality was outstanding.

P.S. After listening to this on the player here, it doesn't sound quite as bad as it did when I rendered it and listened to the new track in Reaper. It still has a bit more reverb here, but not as much as in Reaper. I know rendering will alter the sound since it removes some information, perhaps I should hear that in another player, like MS Groove?

P.P.S. As it turns out, I was getting all my bus effects twice, since Reaper was applying them to the finished MP3 render. When I played the MP3 back but disabled all the bus effects, my problem went away.
Lessons learned: pay attention and trust your ears.

.mp3    Don\'t Put Me On Hold.mp3 --  (Download: 2.33 MB)

.mp3    Don\'t Put Me On Hold 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.72 MB)

Messages In This Thread
UPDATE: Problem fixed, new second try - by MrGroove - 07-12-2017, 02:57 AM