Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Amy Helm & The Handsome Strangers: Rescue Me (Robert's Mix)
(21-11-2017, 03:54 AM)Robert Wrote: Funny you should mention that; I wasn't happy with the mandolin at all, and as a matter of fact was doing a few tweeks today in that respect.
I'll do another automation pass of the guitar as I'm finding the general level still to uneven and perhaps a bit too up-front as you correctly
point out. Tomorrow, I'll revisit the gtr 'solo' to seriously attenuate a few more of those nasty 'spikes' as they're kinda grating on me now.
Thanks for nudging me into looking again at these 'problems'.

I look forward to listening. I just uploaded my latest pass and I am very happy with the results. I had to do some unusual things to the guitar, like a Melda Productions limiter with harmonic emphasis to get the guitar to sit, but the result was no major automation moves for the guitar just a slight boost during the solo to the out. Considering the power of the guitar, getting the mando to hold up against it is no easy task. Limiters AND compression did the trick and very little of the mando mic. Way too much leakage.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amy Helm & The Handsome Strangers: Rescue Me (Robert's Mix) - by Mixinthecloud - 21-11-2017, 04:03 AM