Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piano Concerto_mix Tommy Marcinek
Hi Tom

Your 8 version is great. You are very close now and I can rely enjoy listening to that version. This is not needed, but the only thing I can think of, is to get even more "air" into it. Here is one trick you can try to achieve that:

I don't use the "Hall" mikes into the mix in the usual way, so what you can try is to flip the phase on them and fade them into your master channel until you hopefully can hear the "air" coming into the orchestra and grand piano. It might not always work, but on this recording it did. It's not a revolution, especially because your mix is so good, but it may gives the last extra edge to the mix.

I use this trick when I record and mix choirs, stings and pianos.

I've also reposted a new version, but in a new post. I also included a link to the .WAV file. MP3 do not give credit to a recording like this. Feel free to comment on it. We always have something to learn.

Steinar :-)
Harrison Consoles Mixbus/Mixbus32C 8.0 DAWs, Kubuntu Linux 64 21.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM [email protected], 12 Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, 418.226 prop. driver. Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface

Messages In This Thread
Piano Concerto_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 05-11-2017, 11:57 PM
RE: Piano Concerto_mix Tommy Marcinek - by sthauge - 10-11-2017, 06:39 PM