Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jamie Kent: 'All-American Mutt'
Hello good people of the planet,

I'm holidaying at the beach for the school holidays and thought I would take a multitrack with me to have a play with. Armed with my MacBook, headphones and BT speaker, I thought this would be a great track to work with. I always enjoy the live Telefunken recordings, they seem to have that lovely glued performance feel to them.

I don't normally mix on the laptop so I kept my approach limited. That being said, I feel I'm fairly happy with the mix so far, although I'm sure there will be issues with the bottom end which I have tried to balance with the BT speaker, headphones and graphical representation.

Hopefully this has uploaded ok. I'm literately hanging out of a tree trying to get enough mobile reception for this to work. You've got to love Australia's mobile coverage. Drive 10 mins away from a populous centre and you're back in the dark ages.

Thanks to all parties and thanks for listening.

Dave.

Update 01/10/17

Mix#2 Uploaded.
Some adjustments based on Mixinthecloud and Simons Feedback before heading home. I have added some master bus compression to help with drive and intensity. Also some sonic sweetening of the snare and a cut to the bass @ around 1k. So... hopefully it's an improvement. Overall I think I was relying too much on pleasing the MacBook speakers for my final balance, thus the subdued result. Well, at least with the snare anyway. Thanks again good people.Big Grin

.mp3    Jamie Kent - All American Mutt_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.56 MB)

.mp3    Jamie Kent - All American Mutt_Dangerous#2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.56 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Jamie Kent: 'All-American Mutt' - by Dangerous - 06-10-2017, 12:43 PM
RE: Jamie Kent: 'All-American Mutt' - by HbGuitar - 07-10-2017, 01:54 AM
RE: Jamie Kent: 'All-American Mutt' - by thedon - 04-11-2017, 12:58 PM
RE: Jamie Kent: 'All-American Mutt' - by LukasL - 07-11-2017, 08:34 AM
RE: Jamie Kent: 'All-American Mutt' - by Cudjoe - 10-11-2017, 05:09 AM