Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Metal Sucks - Szymon Skiba - Shon's Mix
Mix isn't bad at all. I got a few suggestions that might help you out. This is what I heard on my headphones:

- The guitars got a nice edge, but I feel like they might be a bit too scooped for my taste. I would boost the mids a bit on the guitars, mainly the rhythm.
- I like your reverbs in the intro and on the lead guitar, but I think that it might be a bit too loud and overpowering in the mix. I would back it off a little bit, but don't remove it since I thought it was a good idea.
- I feel like the snare and kick could come up a bit. I feel that they are getting a bit buried. You might also wanna take another look at the EQ on both. Usually, I try to get rid of some the mids that make those drums sound muddy and boxy.
- The overheads might be a hint too loud. I think this because I felt like the ride cymbal was annoyingly upfront. It is really noticeable since the ride is to the right of the mix and away from the center.

That's all I got for you. The rest of your mix sounds good to me, so good luck. Smile

Cheers,
Nick

Messages In This Thread
RE: Death Metal Sucks - Szymon Skiba - Shon's Mix - by Nick - 26-12-2018, 02:35 AM