Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Carol Dant_Do Not Stand_mix Tommy Marcinek
(18-05-2020, 08:56 AM)silona Wrote:
(13-05-2020, 11:36 PM)tjmtruth Wrote:
(13-05-2020, 10:48 AM)silona Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 11:41 PM)tjmtruth Wrote: AngelHuhBlush

Okay! This song was interesting. It's kind of spooky. I wanted to do this because it had so few tracks and I thought that THAT, in and of itself, would be a nice challenge for mixing purposes. As it turns out, I was right since the drum loop was very low resolution so it needed some help. I added some samples to it, a couple of cymbals blended in low and some effects to make it pop out and be full, punchy and kinda shine a bit! Everything else was just fun!!!!! The song grows on you too....I like it now!

Comments always welcomed, of course.

Peace,

Tom

I personally really liked the poppy and lush sound you've added to the drum set.

---------------

Silona,

Thanks for the compliment on the drums. I listened to your mix and I see that you are a newcomer to mixing. I think that's great!!! You did a good job with the mix. The drums sound fine. The only thing you need to do more is utilize "panning" more to spread out the mix. In other words, panning things left, right, and everywhere in between to give the mix more width and depth (depth you get more by using reverb and delays, etc.). Mike Senior's books and materials on this site are invaluable. Just keep reading and practicing and it will all come to you in time. The only problem is, you MIGHT get addicted to mixing, just as most of us on here....LOL. AND, on top of all that, you will NEVER stop learning and improving!!! After 15 years of mixing I am still learning new things and new ways doing things. Plus, new plugins come out enabling you to do so much more than you do even a few years ago, such as "transient" plugins which manipulate the peaks and and such in a track, particularly percussive instruments. Adding samples is done by using plugin tools and such. Do the research and you will learn everything. Best of luck to you and keep on mixing!!! Try every genre on here. I have found that I screw up mixes from a genre I don't usually listen to, say, classical music and death metal, etc. So, by listening and trying to emulate professional music in these genres, you will get better at mixing them, etc. 

I hope some of this information is helpful to you......all the best.

Tom 

Hi Tom! Thank you so much for your kind words. I will keep in mind the tips and info. To be honest, at first I just came here for the multitracks as I wanted to experience mixing on my own, without realising this is a place to learn how to mix! so I am happy to have found it and as I am already an addict, I hope to keep on and get more and more in depth with it. 

Thanks!

----------------
Silona,

I contacted you through your contact button on your website but I don't know if it went through as it never gave me any indication that my message was sent. Please let me know.

Tom  
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carol Dant_Do Not Stand_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 18-05-2020, 02:14 PM