Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My humble approach to Changing Things, Newly and Nicely Refined
Colleagues,

I took a very simple approach to this interesting composition. Very little EQ and compression were used throughout until the mastering where some gain was added to even presence through the sound field.

I hope you find this to your liking.

As always, comments are encouraged and appreciated.

Lorenzo Price - Changing Things
8/17/2017

Lorenzo Price - Changing Things - Refined
8/17/2017

As a result of refining the space I placed the players in with this mix, it engendered a re-balance. I also got a little creative with the arrangement in the Piano solo. In the mastering this time, I carved out a deeper slice of 200 Hz using a M/S EQ.
I think it reads deeper with the refined space. It supports the ensemble while giving every player good space. What do you think?

Lorenzo Price - Changing Things - Nicely Refined
9/3/2017

I keep creating different spaces for this ensemble, and this is another take on location and stereo imaging. Added a trick to the bass for some needed gnash and narrowed the drums and re-positioned the guits. And, as stated, modified the room I placed the ensemble in. There are no individual in-line effects or bussed effects on any of the instruments or groups. There is only an in-line CR based room reverb with plenty of control (too much even...). I'd really cherish some feed back on the clarity of the space, what is good and what is bad. I tried very hard to keep the best of the dynamics of this song and could possible use some tweaking here and there. Not a lot of automation, but did add a nice wash into reverb at the end of the piece.

Enjoy and as always, your thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

.mp3    Lorenzo Price - Changing Things.mp3 --  (Download: 15.31 MB)

.mp3    Lorenzo Price - Changing Things - Refined.mp3 --  (Download: 15.37 MB)

.mp3    Lorenzo Price - Changing Things - Nicely Refined.mp3 --  (Download: 15.2 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
My humble approach to Changing Things, Newly and Nicely Refined - by Mixinthecloud - 17-08-2017, 05:48 AM