Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodfire: Wealthy In Time - Crownoise Mix
(04-08-2017, 02:35 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: V2 is definitely an improvement. For some reason I hear the overall compression more on this one and feel like it restrains the song too much. I think it could also do with some overall 'air' eq but that might be a result of the comp.
I still think the bass could take some of the lead spot in the mix. The focus is on the vocals and when they're not there the bass could fill in the gaps. Maybe with some automation. I think it's ok to not think of this bass as a bass. This is one of those bands with a simple line up. Just a trio and everyone needs to step up from time to time so the bass isn't just holding down the bottom.

I just found out they're from NYC. Send me an email Woodfire! I work cheap.

Yeah automation is for sure the missing puzzle piece, i agree. That is something i actually never do because i rely to much on eq/comp and also let it be dynamic when i actually don't want it to be low in volume etc. I will use automation more briefly here on i have decided, i think it can lift the songs a notch. Hehe is cheap for free or what Wink?

Messages In This Thread
RE: WoodfiWealthy In Time - Crownoise Mix - by crownoise - 04-08-2017, 03:39 PM