Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suit you 2, crownoise :)
(25-07-2017, 12:52 AM)CJ Fuller Wrote: That is a seriously tight low end - the kick and bass are REALLY solid and thumping, and working well with each other! Sounds great.

The higher frequencies are still a bit harsh. You confess that your ears were bummed out by the end - when that happens you become desensitized to the high frequencies and I think that may have contributed. I'm thinking something around the 10-15K mark needs to be rolled off a little.

Also it's been mastered a bit too hot - especially in the bridge there's a bit of clipping going on. Have you got a limiter to catch anything going over 0db?

Hey CJ! thank you so much, i actually intended to aim for a super tight low end so i was working alot on keeping the attack prominent but not to sustaned when i worked my compressors, slow attack and longer release. And yes i think your analytical perspective are spot on, i actually heard there was a little to much brightness which wasn't tamed going on, i have a low cpu computer and i tend to get lazy haha, and i have a tendency of being to keen destroy transients and hf's so i was thinking about adressing it in the master but i lack a good HF limiter, i have one in trial mode but ye... Yes okay the master is a bit hot i admit also, i had a limiter at the end of the chain, but i set the attack very slow to let the bass and kick be punchy. Thanks again for your answer! Smile will listen to your mixes and give feedback Big GrinCoolAngel.

Messages In This Thread
Suit you 2, crownoise :) - by crownoise - 24-07-2017, 06:11 PM
RE: Suit you 2, crownoise :) - by CJ Fuller - 25-07-2017, 12:52 AM
RE: Suit you 2, crownoise :) - by crownoise - 25-07-2017, 07:00 PM